We are fully equipped to provide a comprehensive analysis of liquid fuels, coal and biofuels. All testing is done to International Standards – ASTM, ISO, BS, or AS.
Our testing range goes from energy content, moisture content to ash behaviour.
We can test the following types of fuel:
- Coal: is your boiler running on coal? We can test your samples and offer you expert advice accordingly.
- Liquid Fuels: we are equipped and experienced to test waste oils looking at sulphur content, flashpoint and energy content.
- Biomass: are you looking at using renewable fuels? We can run tests on a wide range of biomass fuels. Testing is conducted to either New Zealand or international standard methods, in-house methods or by creating new methods as required. We have a wide range of equipment and experience to draw on, allowing us to test routine and diagnostic samples. We also have a transitional facility so international biomass can typically be sent directly to the lab without treatment.
- Washability: Coal preparation is the processing of coal to improve its quality for the end-user. Our comprehensive range of testing includes float/sink analysis (AS 4156.1-1994), drop shatter (ASTM D440), drum tumble (AS 4156.1-1994), froth flotation (AS 4156.2-1998) and wheelstand testing (simulating coal sluiced through a pipeline).
- Humic Acid testing: Determination of humic acids ( total humic acids and free humic acid) of Brown coals and Ignites.
For more information, get in touch with our friendly staff Mike C. YoungEnquire now